It is World Environment day!
5th Jun 2023
Today we think about all the problems our environment faces such as air and plastic pollution, illegal wildlife trade, sea level increase, food security... the list really does go on!
Everyday we all make choices that impact our environment, let’s do our best to make them positive!
Here at the New Forest Wildlife Park we leave a huge portion of the park for nature to thrive, we ensure all litter is disposed of correctly, we’re active in many breeding programmes to support endangered species and our Keepers have been involved in supporting the environment through beach clean ups and environmental surveys!
Here are some small things you can do, that will make a big difference;
- Plant a tree or start a flower garden
- Make a homemade bird feeder
- Turn the tap off while brushing your teeth
- Reduce, reuse and recycle
- Take a nature walk
- Cycle or use public transport when possible
- Join in on a community litter cleanup
Sign up to our newsletter
Join our mailing list in order to keep up to date with park news and special offers.