Catering Supervisor Vacancy
Catering Supervisor - permanent, full time position, weekends and Bank Holidays on rota
Salary - on application
We are seeking a full-time catering supervisor to oversee and participate (ie must be able to cook and present food) in the operation of our busy on-site cafe.
The main scope of the role is to be responsible for the organisation and supervision of the catering team so ensuring a smooth and efficient service for our visitors to the New Forest Wildlife Park.
The successful candidates’ roles and responsibilities will be: -
- Supervision, staff training and motivation of full-time, part-time and seasonal staff
- Ensuring correct standards of dress/uniform for all employees
- Liaising with all NFWP staff to ensure the restaurant/ice-cream outlets are ready for daily opening and high standards are maintained throughout the day.
- Deputising when required for the Catering Manager
- Ensuring all Health and Hygiene, Health and Safety and COSHH regulations are understood and implemented and all relevant records maintained.
- Ensuring all staff are trained to acceptable levels in respect of food preparation and care of cooking areas.
- Maintenance of hourly staff records for accountancy purposes
- Overseeing food levels ordering and rotating foods
- Control and safekeeping of cash takings and daily balance records at close of business
- Dealing with all queries from staff and visitors in a fair, quiet and positive manner
- A responsible key holder
The successful candidate would have
- At least 1 years’ experience in a senior catering position
- Good working knowledge of Food Hygiene Regulations at work
- Excellent customer service skills
- An ability to train and motivate your team
- Able to multi-task with your team
- A cheerful and outgoing personality
- Be hard working and a role model for junior staff
- You will need to be a self-motivator with a hands-on approach e.g. able to cook or wash up whenever the need arises.
- Positive and reliable
- Willingness to learn and develop
Due to our location you will require own transport we have a free staff car park.
For an application form please contact;
Zoe - firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 02380 292408