Work with us
Careers with wildlife
Many kinds of jobs need to be done at the New Forest Wildlife Park to keep the park running smoothly, from keeper work to retail and education.
If you are considering working with animals there are many different employment opportunities available. A good place to start looking is on the British and Irish Association of Zoos and Aquariums (BIAZA) or Association of British and Irish Wild Animal Keepers (ABWAK) websites:
Retail and Catering Assistant
We are looking for friendly, hard-working and pro-active people to join our Retail and Catering team.
Part-time and flexible contracts available. Whether you are looking for something seasonal while you study or something more permanent, we may be the place for you.
• Sale of tickets and souvenirs in our admissions and gift shop.
• Preparing and serving hot snacks, sandwiches, drinks etc in the Parks café.
• Providing exceptional customer service.
• Maintaining the cleanliness and standards and the Parks facilities.
• Ensuring the visitors of all ages have a positive experience during their visit.
• Liaise with animal keepers, education and events team.
- You must be friendly, confident and approachable. 99% of this role requires you to be customer facing.
- You will be joining our small retail and catering team and will be expected to be involved in a variety of duties.
- You should be able to work under pressure during our busy periods.
- You should have experience handling cash and cards and you will trained to use our tills.
- Experience within a food service environment is an advantage and a willingness to learn is essential.
- This role requires to spend long periods of time on your feet and carrying stock to different locations in the business.
You should live within 1 hour travelling distance and be able to offer a minimum of 1 day a week of availability and also provide availability on weekends and school holidays
How to Apply
Download and complete BOTH Part 1 and Part 2 application forms below. We do not accept CV's.
Return these either by email to Zoe at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to New Forest Wildlife Park - Nr Ashurst, Southampton, SO40 4UH.
We will be continually be reviewing candidates over March and April 2019 in preparation for our 2019 season, so we advise you to get your applications in soon to be in with a chance of joining us. Ideally we are looking to employ team members as soon as possible.
Job Type: Part-time - Salary: £4.20 to £7.83 /hour DOE
Please 'Download' and save the application to your device before completing.
Application Form - Part 2 - Retail and Catering Assistant
For details on how we process and store your Data, please see the following privacy notice.